Frequently Asked Questions

Have a question about University Park apartments? Search for an answer among the following FAQs.

Can additional furniture be brought into the apartment?
You may bring additional furniture into your apartment, but the furniture that is already there must remain in the apartment.
Can I pay my bill with a credit card? Is there an extra charge?
Current residents can pay any bill with credit (VISA, MasterCard & Discover), cash, check or money order. There are convenience fees associated with online payments - a $0.99 fee for eChecks and a percentage fee for credit cards.
Can I request an apartment or roommates?
Yes. You will fill out a Roommate/Apartment Preference Card when you sign your license agreement. You may request whatever you wish, just keep in mind that requests are NOT a guarantee of placement.
Can I use my financial aid?
Yes! You can use your financial aid to cover your rent at University Park. It is your responsibility to submit rent payments to us on time regardless of whether or not you have received your loan check. Please be prepared to pay 1-2 rent installments "out of pocket."
How close to campus are you?
University Park is conveniently located on the east end of campus.
How many people live there?
We have 252 units and approximately 900 beds.
If I am over 21, do I need a guarantor?

Yes. All leases are required to have a guarantor. If an approved guarantor cannot be obtained, EdR Management, Inc. will accept a security deposit equal to the full amount of the lease.

Where can I store my bike?
There are bike racks located on the 1st floor of every apartment building. Please stop by the business office to pick up a bike permit. Don't forget to bring a lock.
Do I need to bring my own utensils and bedding?
Yes! Some suggested items to bring with you: Flat ware and drink ware (plates, bowls, cups, etc.), Kitchen utensils and silverware, Cookware, Bathroom rug, shower curtain, towels, etc., Bed sheets/comforter/mattress pad, Curtains and tension/spring rods (mini-blinds already installed), Decorations (posters, picture frames, etc.).
How do I obtain a temporary parking permit?
If your car is in the shop or you switched vehicles temporarily, stop by the business office Monday - Friday between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. You MUST have proof that the vehicle is not in your possession (i.e. auto shop receipt, work order
How does the wait list work?
Once we fill all of our bedrooms on property, we start a wait list. Anyone who submits an application is added to the wait list for the floor plan of his/her choice and will then be contacted by the leasing office if there have been enough cancellations to write a license agreement.
What do I need to hook up my computer to the internet?
All UP buildings have wired and wireless connections for internet. If you choose to use the wired service, you will need an Ethernet card and cord.
What if I need to cancel my license agreement?
If you need to cancel your contract, the first step would be to contact the leasing office and complete a Withdrawal Form. The student withdrawaling from his/her contract is responsible for finding a replacement tenant. If there's a wait list, we will be able to assit with this process. A $200.00 re-assignment fee applies.
What is the cost?
Rates are according to floor plan and range from $630.00 - $750.00. We also have a one-time Facilities & Maintenance Fee of $200.00 which is due with the return of a signed license agreement.
What size are the beds?
In the 4x2 units, the beds are twin XL (39" x 80"). In the 4x4, 2x2 and 2x1 units, the beds are full size (53" X 80").
What types of apartments and rooms are available?
University Park offers several different floor plans: 2 bedroom/ 1 bath, 2 bedroom/ 2 bath, 4 bedroom/ 2 bath, and 4 bedroom/ 4 bath.
Do I have to have a meal plan?
No, you do not have to have a meal plan while living at University Park. If you decide to purchase a meal plan, we encourage you to opt for one of the Commuter Meal Plans or one with Dining Dollars.
Is parking available?
Yes, parking is available for every resident at University Park at no cost. You will need to register your vehicle and get a permit from the business office. Guest parking is limited to immediate family members only. Your guest must present a valid photo ID to an office staff member in order to pick up a permit.
What types of leases are available?
University Park offers 12 month installment contracts starting in the fall semester, and 5 and 7 month installment contracts starting in the spring semester. Please be advised that 5 month installment contracts are only available to a small percentage of our tenants. The majority of our residents are in a license agreement through July.
What utilities are included?
Electricity and gas (with a cap), cable with HBO, internet access, water/sewer/trash and property parking.
When can I move in?
Move-In for new fall residents is mid-late August and early January for spring residents. 
When do I put down a deposit?
University Park does not require a security deposit. We do require a one-time service fee of $200.00 due with signed license agreement.
When is my first payment due?
The first payment for all new fall residents is July 15th and January 1st for all new spring residents.
Will you send me a bill each month?
University Park does not send invoices. Payment is due on the 1st of every month excluding the initial payment (due July 15th, as stated in license). Late fees are charged after 10:00 AM on the 3rd day of the month.

Still have unanswered questions? Contact us

Back to Top